Total Pageviews

Friday, August 13, 2010

Role Models, Heroes & Mentors


As you get older it is harder to have heroes, but it is sort of necessary.
Ernest Hemingway


"People are always blaming their circumstances for what they are. I do not believe in circumstances. The people who get on in this world are the people who get up and look for the circumstances they want, and if they cannot find them, make them." George Bernard Shaw

"Man often becomes what he believes himself to be. If I keep on saying to myself that I cannot do a certain thing, it is possible that I may end by really becoming incapable of doing it. On the contrary, if I shall have the belief that I can do it, I shall surely acquire the capacity to do it, even if I may not have it at the beginning." Mahatma Gandhi

"Inside of a ring or out, ain't nothing wrong with going down. It's staying down that's wrong." Muhammad Ali


“What is important to me is not the truth outside myself, but the truth within myself.” Konstantin Stanislavski








I think it is important to look up to people, get inspired by them, learn from their successes and their failures and most of all learn from their experience.
This person may even be younger than you as they may have gone through more life than you.

There are so many times in my life that a Hero/Mentor/Role Model has helped shape me, helped me find the truthful me and has seen through the hard exterior or bullshit to see me and my potential. 

One of the main criteria of a mentor is to believe in and protect it's protege. The definition of a MENTOR is a wise and trusted counselor or teacher or influential patron.

In my opinion it can be family, teachers, friends or people you know, not those you don't know! Maybe those are what we call heroes or idols but remember they cannot hear you!

My shout outs, past and present.

MY MENTOR
Amy Werba

FAMILY
Dad
Mum
Jim
Grandad
Uncle Terry
Justine
Auntie Margaret
Kyle Labine
Cam Labine
Tyler Labine

FRIENDS/PEOPLE I KNOW/TEACHERS
Liana Saleh
Lori Triolo
Lynne Stopkewich

SCHOOL TEACHERS
Miss Thornett
Mr Hill
Mrs Hontanx
Mr Murphy
Mr Peary
Mme LeMaire

No comments:

Post a Comment