Total Pageviews

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Before and after and wanting the before again

Filmmaker's weight loss program:
Be happy.
Eat healthily.
Have a French diet.
Walk

I have been struggling with my weight ever since moving to Canada. Why is it that a country should affect me so? or is it that I changed along with the move and lost myself somewhere? Is there really a way to get me back?

Okay the story begins.

I was an extremely sporty girl growing up, I was always active. The sports I partook in, in and out of senior (high) school:

Field Hockey (3x a week and trained with French national team)
Netball
Tennis
Swimming
Cross country running
Basketball
Horse riding

So yes, I was skinny! So skinny that I remember this girl from school, who was older than me and quite chubby, say "Bend sideways Sophie" I had a short top on showing off my flat stomach. She then said "yep no creases or rolls of fat, but it will catch up to you, you will be fat one day" and I remember thinking- what a bitch- but you know what, she was right.

I had surgeries on my knees when I was 11 and was able to excel for quite a while until my problem came back when I was 17 and I stopped playing sports a few years later. I focused on directing and acting, which is a good thing because I love my career and would not want to do anything else.

But being chubby has prevented me from acting...

It's not just Canada:
When I was with my ex boyfriend I started putting weight on, not doing any sport and my diet was coca-cola, crisps and salad and vinegrette. I settled; a mistake.

At the end of our relationship, I started going to film school and guys would notice me and found me beautiful which sparked me into losing weight again. My ex boyfriend and I broke up. I found me again, I started dating and looked good. That's when I booked my first acting gig.

Grandstar (TV series) 2006:
Day one: 53kg
Wrap: 50kg
In love: 48kg
Wedding dress fitting: 49kg

Canada 2007
arrived at YVR weighing 49kg
Big White on set girlfriend: + 4kg
Wedding week: 53kg

and then within 4 months of moving to Vancouver I gained 10kg and have never lost it. I now am 60kg dreaming to be 50kg again.

The diet begins today. I need ME back.

No comments:

Post a Comment